Top BSc Nursing Government Colleges in India: The full form of BSc Nursing is Bachelor of Science in Nursing. BSc Nursing is one of the most popular courses in the healthcare sector. Nursing is often referred to as the heart of healthcare, and nurses play a crucial role in patient care and well-being.
If you want to become a professional nurse in India, and searching for standard education and training, we suggest you go to government colleges for a better experience. Don’t worry! – In this blog, we will share with you a detailed overview of Top BSc Nursing Government Colleges in India.
Why Choose Government Colleges For BSc Nursing?
Government nursing colleges occupy a special place in the Indian education system. Therefore, choosing a government college in India for BSc Nursing offers various advantages, which are:
- Point: 01 Government colleges are recognized and approved by regulatory bodies such as the Indian Nursing Council (INC), and other State Nursing Councils.
- Point: 02 Government colleges offer BSc Nursing Courses at a lower cost as compared to private colleges.
- Point: 03 Government colleges are affiliated with prestigious medical institutes and hospitals which ensure students receive a quality education and practical training under the guidance of experienced faculty members.
- Point: 04 Graduating from a government college can enhance your job opportunities because most of hospitals prefer hiring nurses from a government college.
Government Nursing College Fees
The fee structure of BSc Nursinng varies from college to college. However, government colleges are cheaper and more affordable as compared to private colleges. We have provided the Best BSc Nursing Government Colleges with course fees in a tabulated format. Here it is:
|College Name||Total Tuition Fees (INR)|
|The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University||Rs.24,000|
|Ranchi University, Ranchi||Rs. 9400|
BSc Nursing Eligibility
If you want to pursue a BSc Nursing from a government college, you must fulfill the following eligibility criteria
- Candidates must qualify for 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Candidates must qualify 10+2 with science stream (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and English).
- Candidates should be a minimum of 17 years of age.
- Candidates must score a good mark in the entrance examination.
BSc Nursing Admission
Admission to BSc Nursing Courses in government colleges is done through the Entrance Examination. These exams are conducted by the institutions. Some of the well-known entrance examinations for BSc Nursing in India are AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam, JIPMER Nursing Entrance Exam, and State-Level Nursing Entrance Exams. Candidates also have to meet the eligibility criteria to get admission to a recognized BSc Nursing College.
BSc Nursing Entrance Exam
If you want to pursue a BSc Nursing from a government college, you must clear the BSc Nursing Entrance Exam. After the exam, if you qualify with good marks, you will be called for counseling. During counseling, you will be able to choose your preferred government BSc nursing college. Here is some of the most popular BSc nursing entrance exam in India.
01. AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam: All over India, AIIMS offers BSc Nursing Program at different AIIMS institutes. It is one of the most popular and prestigious institutions in India providing education in the medical sector. If you want to do BSc Nursing from AIIMS, you have to clear its entrance exam.
02. Indian Army BSc Nursing: If you want to serve in the Military Nursing Service as a nursing officer, the Indian Army offers BSc Nursing Programs to interested candidates. The admission process for B.Sc Nursing in the Indian Army includes a written test and an interview.
03. RUHS BSc Nursing Entrance Exam: Rajasthan University of Health Sciences offers BSc Nursing through entrance examination. If you want to do nursing in Rajasthan, you must clear the RUHS Entrance Exam. The examination is conducted for 100 marks for the duration of 120 minutes.
Top BSc Nursing Government Colleges in India
Top BSc Nursing Government Colleges in India include AIIMS Delhi, PGIMER Chandigarh, CMC Vellore, etc. BSc Nursing students are trained to assist the doctor and caring for patients as well as maintaining the records of the hospital. Candidates who have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 45% marks in Science are eligible to apply for the BSc Nursing program. Here in this blog, we have mentioned below the best BSc Nursing Government Colleges in India.
01. AIIMS Delhi: The full form stands for All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi. It is one of the most prestigious medical institutions in India that offers a BSc Nursing Program through the AIIMS Nursing Exam. So, if you want to do BSc Nursing from AIIMS Delhi, you have to clear the entrance exam.
02. GMC Mumbai: The Government Medical College (GMC), Mumbai is a public medical college affiliated to the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, offering nursing programs through entrance examination. It was founded in 1845 and is one of the oldest medical colleges in South Asia.
03. PGIMER Chandigarh: The Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research is a government medical college in Chandigarh that was established in 1962. PGIMER Chandigarh offers admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses in medical sciences. If you want to do BSc Nursing from PGIMER, you have to clear the INI CET Entrance Test.
04. BHU Varanasi: It is one of the best BSc Nursing Government Colleges in India founded in 1916. The UGC recognizes BHU Varanasi is accredited with an ‘A’ grade by NAAC, and ranked 6th among the top universities in India by the NIRF 2022. BHU Varanasi accepts the CUET exams for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
05. JIPMER Puducherry: The full form of JIPMER is the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, which was established in 1823 by the French Government. It is considered one of the best BSc Nursing Government Colleges where admission to courses is done based on JIPMER Entrance Examinations.
BSc Nursing Colleges in Kerala
BSc Nursing Government Colleges in Kerala offers topics like anatomy, physiology, nutrition, and more. Candidates who want to do BSc Nursing from Kerala must qualify 10+2 in the science stream with a minimum of 50% marks. If you are looking for the top Bsc Nursing Colleges in Kerala, here it is:
|College Name||Courses Offered|
|Government College of Nursing||GNM/ BSc Nursing/ MSc Nursing|
|Government College of Nursing (Kozhikode)||GNM/ BSc Nursing/ MSc Nursing|
|Institute of Nursing Sciences and Research Malabar Cancer Centre||BSc Nursing|
|Jubilee Mission Medical College and Research Institute||GNM/ BSc Nursing|
|Kerala University of Health Sciences – KUHS||BSc Nursing/ MSc Nursing/ PB BSc Nursing|
BSc Nursing Colleges in Delhi
There are many BSc Nursing Government Colleges in Delhi that offer nursing courses at affordable prices. If you anyone want to do nursing from the Capital of India, Delhi, follow the best nursing college list below:
|College Name||Courses Offered|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences – AIIMS Delhi||BSc Nursing/ MSc Nursing|
|Indira Gandhi National Open University – IGNOU||BSc Nursing/ P.B.B.Sc. (Nursing)|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College – LHMC||GNM/ BSc Nursing|
|University of Delhi – DU||BSc Nursing/ MSc Nursing|
|Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital||BSc Nursing|
BSc Nursing College in Bihar
Bihar has the best government nursing colleges that offer nursing courses like ANM, GNM, and B.Sc. Nursing. If you want to study in these institutions, you need to clear the nursing entrance examination. Here is the list of top government nursing colleges in Bihar.
|College Name||Courses Offered|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences Patna||ANM/ GNM/ BSc Nursing/ MSc Nursing|
|Aryabhatta Knowledge University||M.Sc. (Nursing)/ P.B.B.Sc. (Nursing)/ B.Sc. (Nursing)|
BSc Nursing Colleges in Haryana
Admission to the top government nursing colleges in Haryana is based on the BSc Nursing Entrance Exam and is merit-based. Most colleges accept the NEET scores, JIPMER, and AIIMS Nursing Exam. If you are searching for the best government nursing colleges in Haryana, it’s here.
|College Name||Courses Offered|
|Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences||B.Sc. (Nursing)/ MSc Nursing|
|Government College of Nursing, Safidon||ANM/ GNM/ B.Sc. (Nursing)|
|Pt. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences||B.Sc. (Nursing)/ PB BSc Nursing|
|Ch. Bhagmal School of Nursing||ANM/ GNM/ B.Sc. (Nursing)/ PB BSc Nursing/ MSc Nursing|
|Ved Nursing College||ANM/ GNM/ B.Sc. (Nursing)/ PB BSc Nursing|
|Khushi College of Nursing||ANM/ B.Sc. (Nursing)/ PB BSc Nursing|
BSc Nursing is one of the most sought-after courses in India, and there are so many government and private institutions that offers these courses at affordable prices. BSc Nursing Government Colleges are more affordable in India than private colleges. In this article, we have covered the top BSc Nursing Government Colleges in India that you can choose from.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
01. What are the Top BSc Nursing Government Colleges in India?
Ans: The top BSc Nursing Government Colleges in India are AIIMS Delhi, PGIMER Chandigarh, CMC Vellore, etc.
02. What are the Eligibility Criteria For Admission to a BSc Nursing Course?
Ans: If you want to pursue BSc Nursing, you have to qualify 10+2 in the science stream with a minimum of 50% marks.
03. Can I get a BSc Nursing through NEET in West Bengal?
Ans: Yes, candidates can get a BSc Nursing through NEET in West Bengal.
04. What is the Highest Salary of BSC Nursing in West Bengal?
Ans: BSc Nurses in West Bengal earn Rs.2.2 lakhs to Rs.4.0 lakhs per annum.