BSc Nursing Colleges in Kerala: The Kerala Nurses and Midwifery Council, established in 1953 serves as the regulatory body for nursing education. Kerala nursing colleges can be broadly classified into two category such as government aided nursing colleges and private nursing colleges.
However, nursing admission in Kerala is based on the entrance exam conducted by the Kerala Nursing Council or respective institutes. Do you want to be admission to a BSc nursing course in Kerala? And looking for the best BSc Nursing Colleges in Kerala? – Don’t worry! In this article, we will cover the top BSc Nursing Colleges in Kerala.
BSc Nursing Private Colleges in Kerala
BSc nursing colleges in Kerala offer subjects like anatomy and physiology, biochemistry, microbiology, and so on. The Kerala BSc private nursing colleges are recognized and approved by the INC (Indian Nursing Council) and KNMC (Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council). If you are searching for the best BSc Nursing Private Colleges in Kerala, here is the list below:
|BSc College Name||Courses Offered|
|AKG Memorial Co-Operative College of Nursing – AKGMCCON||GNM/ BSc Nursing/ PB BSc Nursing|
|Al Shifa College of Nursing||BSc Nursing/ PB BSc Nursing/ MSc Nursing|
|Almas College of Nursing||BSc Nursing|
|Amala College of Nursing||BSc Nursing/ PB BSc Nursing/ MSc Nursing|
|Amrita College of Nursing||BSc Nursing/ PB BSc Nursing/ MSc Nursing|
|ASSISI College of Nursing||BSc Nursing|
|Aswini College of Nursing||BSc Nursing/ MSc Nursing|
|Bishop Benziger College of Nursing – BBCON||BSc Nursing/ MSc Nursing|
Government BSc Nursing Colleges in Kerala
BSc nursing government colleges in Kerala are good in terms of quality of education and training. There are govt colleges in Kerala in almost every district that offer BSc nursing admission through entrance exams. However, to get admission to BSc Nursing government colleges in Kerala, you need to score 50% marks in your 10+2 with science stream. If you are looking for a list of Kerala nursing colleges, check below:
|BSc Govt College Name (Kerala)||Courses Offered|
|Government College of Nursing||GNM/ BSc Nursing/ PB BSc Nursing/ MSc Nursing|
|Government College of Nursing (Kozhikode)||GNM/ BSc Nursing/ MSc Nursing|
|Government College of Nursing – Alappuzha||BSc Nursing/ MSc Nursing|
|Government Medical College and Hospital||GNM/ BSc Nursing|
|Jubilee Mission Medical College and Research Institute||GNM/ BSc Nursing|
|Kerala University of Health Sciences – KUHS||BSc Nursing/ PB BSc Nursing/ MSc Nursing|
|Mahatma Gandhi University – Kerala||BSc Nursing|
|T.D. Medical College||GNM/ BSc Nursing/ MSc Nursing|
BSc Nursing Colleges in Kerala Fees Structure
The fee structure for BSc Nursing in Kerala differs and depends on the college. However, the average course fee ranges between Rs.1,28,000 to Rs.6,00,000 lakhs in Kerala Nursing Colleges. Here is the list of some of the best BSc Nursing Colleges in Kerala with course fees.
|BSc Govt College Name (Kerala)||Total Tuition Fees|
|Aswini College of Nursing, Thrissur||Rs.1,28,000|
|Azeezia Nursing College, Kollam||Rs.2,00,000|
|Theophilus College of Nursing, Kottayam||Rs.2,20,000|
|Baby Memorial College of Nursing, Kozhikode||Rs.2,98,000|
|Archana College of Nursing, Pathanamthitta||Rs.6,00,000|
Kerala Nursing College Eligibility
To get admission into nursing colleges in Kerala, you have to fulfill some basic eligibility criteria which are as follows:
- Candidates have to qualify 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Candidates need to complete 10+2 with science stream.
- Candidates should be above 17 years of age.
Kerala Nursing Entrance Exam
Every year BSc Nursing Entrance Exams are held by the regulatory body between April to July. The authority conducts the nursing exam for admission to the most popular nursing colleges in Kerala. Some of the best BSc Nursing Admission Tests are conducted by AFMC, AIIMS, etc.
Top BSc Nursing Colleges in Kerala
BSc Nursing is one of the most sought after courses in India. If you want to do BSc Nursing in Kerala, we have compiled a list of top BSc Nursing Colleges in Kerala below:
01. Kerala University of Health Sciences – KUHS: It is a state university established in 2010 to promote medical education and healthcare services in Kerala. The university offers various UG, and PG programs in medicine, pharmacy, nursing, and allied health sciences. If you want to do nursing from the top university in Kerala, you have to clear the entrance exam first.
02. Mahatma Gandhi University: MG University is one of the well-known universities in Kerala that offers various programs including nursing. This university offers nursing courses through its affiliated colleges.
03. Thirumala Devaswom Medical College: T.D. Medical College is another reputed college in Kerala that offers medical education and training. This college offers nursing programs in its affiliated colleges in the region.
04. Government College of Nursing, Thiruvananthapuram: It is one of the best nursing government colleges in Kerala that offers various nursing programs including B.Sc Nursing, M.Sc Nursing, and PBBSC Nursing.
05. Government College of Nursing, Thrissur: It is another popular nursing college in Kerala that offers various nursing programs including B.Sc Nursing, M.Sc Nursing, and PBBSC Nursing.
We hope you found the article “BSc Nursing Colleges in Kerala” helpful. If “YES“, don’t forget to share it with others. Also, you can rate this article. If there is any confusion regarding the article feel free to contact us.
People Also Ask (FAQs):
01. What are the Total Fees For BSc Nursing in Kerala?
Ans: The average nursing course fee in Kerala differs and depends on the college. However, the average course fee ranges between Rs.1,28,000 to Rs.6,00,000 lakhs in Kerala Nursing Colleges.
02. How Many BSc Nursing Colleges are there in Kerala?
Ans: There are 171 nursing colleges in Kerala among which 131 are Private and 27 are Government and the rest 13 are owned by the public private sector.
03. What is the Basic Salary of a BSc Nurse in Kerala?
Ans: The average salary of a BSc Nurse in Kerala ranges between Rs.16,000 to Rs.26,000 per month.
04. How Many Marks are Required in NEET for BSc Nursing in Kerala?
Ans: The cut-off marks for NEET eligibility are 720-137 for the general category and 136-107 for SC/ST/OBC.